|Location:||7227 RAMPART ST|
Houston, TX, 77081-6403
|Base Pay:||$17.00 – $25.00 / Hour|
|Employee Type:||Employee FT|
|Min. Experience||1 Year|
|Required Degree||High School|
Are you impatient but pretty much take charge when you’re the expert on something? Do you need to get things right and will let others know when they aren’t? When given something new to learn or research, are you like a bulldog trying to get all the facts? Would you rather just do things yourself because no one can do it better than you? Do you like being the in-house expert on stuff you know about?
If this sounds like you, then we need to talk…
Frazer, a leading builder of emergency medical vehicles, is currently seeking a Truck Mechanic to join our team. The Truck Mechanic at Frazer reports to the Truck Shop Supervisor, and is responsible for Per the schedule provided to you by your supervisor, the successful truck assembler will learn to quickly prep and install chassis components on truck chassis with no mistakes and a very professional finish.
What Does a Week in the Life of the Truck Mechanic Look Like?
- Review Work Instructions.
- Review that you have the parts needed from distribution to complete your task.
- Clock in/out of the job you are working on each day.
- Prep and install any components specified in the work order (lighting, cameras, monitors, speakers, video recording devices, suspensions, grille guard, etc.)
- Per the work instructions, complete tasks within established time goals.
- Ensure that all tasks are signed off once complete.
- Follow up with appropriate groups and managers when missing parts are identified.
- Complete “Punch-List” items within 1 hour of being posted.
- Attend all mandatory meetings.
- Approve your time sheet every Monday morning.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
What’s it like to be a part of the Frazer Family?
Frazer is a fast-paced company that is creating some of the most innovative vehicles in the world. You’ll find a unique team of individuals who continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in the Healthcare and EMS space. A diverse team, a great culture, and a positive work environment are just some of the things that make working at Frazer so rewarding.
What Kind of Employees Thrive at Frazer?
Frazer is a company with a diverse group of employees from all over the world. Frazer welcomes employees with all types of backgrounds, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. If you are hard-working, honest, and drug-free, you will love working at Frazer.
Safety & Drug Policy
Employee health and safety are a priority here at Frazer. We’re committed to providing a safe, secure, and productive environment for our Frazer family. To help with this, we perform thorough background checks during the hiring process for all candidates. Convictions will not disqualify you from employment at Frazer, but failure to tell us about it upfront will. Also, Frazer has a zero-tolerance drug use policy and you must pass a pre-employment drug screen. If you can’t pass it, we’re not the place for you.
A True Culture
Frazer is a company that relies on its core values and the drive of its people. With a focus on longevity and employee success, Frazer welcomes its employees to push the envelope and drive improvement across all aspects of the company. At Frazer, you can unleash your potential!
Employee Driven Benefits
At Frazer, we take pride in listening to what our employees want in benefits. We’ve come up with a unique set of employee benefits and designed them around our culture.
- Weekly paycheck, so you can shop every Friday!
- Health Care Insurance (100% paid for by the company for all employees)
- Dental Benefit options
- 401k plan with a company match!
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off that begins accruing your first day of employment
- Eight paid company holidays and the ability to take time off during company shutdown from Christmas to New Year’s Day!
- The “Company Kitchen” on-site for lunch and snack choices
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Professional development and skills training
- Free Life Skills Training such as financial wellness classes
How Performance is Evaluated
Communication and collaboration are key at Frazer and we encourage an environment filled with positive feedback and constructive criticism, to unleash your potential for real professional growth! We use things like self-evaluations, group reviews, and quarterly check-ins to help define a clear path to success. You will also have an opportunity to give feedback to peers to help them to grow in their roles as well.
Required Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1-2 Years of Mechanical Experience
- Safe and correct use of a variety of hand tools and power tools
Skills (to Pay the Bills)
Here’s a list of a few competencies that the Truck Mechanic at Frazer should have…
- Hold yourself and your team members accountable.
- Abide by the rules and procedures.
- Double-check and verify work.
Also, here are a few software packages that the Truck Mechanic would eventually need to be versed in. Don’t worry…we expect some on-the-job training.
- Google G-Suite (Gmail, Documents, Drive, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- UKG (HRIS)
Oh, and $alary
Of course, we didn’t forget salary…Frazer offers competitive pay and this role will start with a salary between $17-$25 per hour depending on education, certifications, and experience.
The Truck Mechanic will work Monday through Friday from 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM with overtime on weekend work as needed. Late afternoon/evening/weekend hours may be required as needed. Work schedules may change to accommodate production needs.
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you, visit our website to complete the following steps:
- Online application
- Resume and optional cover letter
- Culture Index Survey – as part of our process, please take this short survey (5-12 minutes to complete) on a computer, tablet, or laptop NOT a smartphone. It does not always function properly on smartphones and is difficult to see. Also, please take the survey in your native/first language (there are multiple choices besides English in the drop-down menu if needed).
Culture Index Survey Link
Thanks again for your interest in Frazer. Should your skills and qualifications meet those of the position, we will contact you further. Please check your email for further application status updates.
We look forward to hearing from you!